Tuesday, February 9, 2010

CUrious

I'm sorry that it's been so long since I blogged, but ECE classes and MthSC434 have been working hard to keep me down. Well, I'm back again to blog for a moment.

Curious Incident is a very intriguing book to say the least. And to be honest, the first few chapters, I didn't pick up on how funny Chris is, but now that we mentioned it in class, I definitely have picked up on that and it makes the book much more enjoyable.

I knew from the beginning that the dad killed Mr. Shears. (I say I knew, but what I mean is that was one of the several theories I spouted out in midst of my reading.) However, when the situation is explained it makes more sense why. However, (moving to the debate we had in class on Monday) the dad himself admitted he could have simply kicked the dog to get the same effect.

Chris is scared out of his mind. His dad loved Chris by cooking for him and caring for him and telling him the truth. However, now not only has his dad lied for the past couple years, the dad has hit Chris hard enough to knock him unconscious and killed a dog. So is he really caring for Chris anymore?

His mom however, never lied to him. While there is no evidence that suggests she tried to take custody or to see him, we must remember we only see the story from Chris's perspective and he thinks his mom's dead. Therefore, if his mom had tried to contact him, he wouldn't have known.

I believe, for a number of reason that I'm going to save for later, that the Mom deserves custody of the son. Hopefully we find out what happened soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment